Monday, June 1, 2009

What This Is All About...

I'm horrible at keeping track of those oh-so-holy "mommy moments". You know, all the baby's "firsts". I bought a baby book when I was pregnant with my first daughter, filled out all the pages about Mommy and Daddy and Grandparents before she was born, and then never touched it again. In the midst of a special moment, I felt like I would remember it forever - that it was so amazing, that of course I would never forget it.

Well, almost 3 years and another baby later, let me tell you...I have.

Don't get me wrong...I don't want to be one of those people who doesn't get to live life because they're too busy recording it. But I do want to remember. I belive that there is value in reflecting on where you've been so you have a better idea about where you are now, and where you're going. I find that this is true not only with my memories of my children, but the semi-profound thoughts and revelations I have about life in general.

Thus, I begin this blog. I invite you to share with me. To laugh, cry, relate, and reflect on this beautiful and amazing journey we're on together.

No comments: