Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Unbelievable.

Last night, Charlotte was up 4 or 5 times. About the 3rd time, we realized that she had rolled over onto her tummy - in her Miracle Blanket! Now, we're big lovers of the MB at our house, and we expected to swaddle her much longer, but I when read that tummy swaddling increases the chance of SIDS by 1200%, it was clear that we had to be done with the much-loved Miracle Blanket.

I've been fretting about this, although, surprisingly, not too terribly much, because I had a plan in place. I was braced and prepared for the two or three nights of crying (Charlotte too) because she couldn't soothe herself without the swaddle. I knew it was going to be a long few nights, and I was prepared...but if I'm honest, I was dreading the stress of it all.

Her teachers put her down without it today at school, and she did about as expected. The first nap was frantically awful. She just couldn't figure out what to do with her flailing arms. The next two naps, she finally rolled herself over onto her tummy, and then was asleep within ten minutes. The second of those - the "long" nap of the day, she was awake again within 45 minutes, but after 20 minutes of light fussing (not even crying), she was back asleep for another hour. And tonight? Well, here's a picture of her no more than 5 minutes after I put her down on her back.




Unbelievable. I hope this means good things are ahead.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Oooh, that's promising! Can't wait to hear how the rest of the night went and how tonight goes!